TIFAN stands for “Technology Innovation Forum for Agricultural Nurturing”. It is an initiative by SAEINDIA (Society of Automotive Engineers) which is an international organization. SAEINDIA was started in 1994 and has been working towards the development of the automotive industry in India. TIFAN is a student competition program that aims to promote innovation and technology in agriculture. The program is designed to encourage students to come up with innovative solutions that can help improve the agricultural sector in India.
SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member-driven society of mobility practitioners, the ownership of SAEINDIA lies with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students.
SAEINDIA is a strategic alliance partner of SAE International registered in India as an Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of the mobility industry in India
About Off-Highway board:
In 2010, SAEINDIA Off-Highway board was established, which caters to the aspect of mobility engineering related to all vehicles/equipment operated in rough terrain, mining, farm, and non-track e.g. agriculture, construction and defense. Since its inauguration, the board has been instrumental in focusing on the common issues related to Technologies of tomorrow and the talent pool and has organized several national-level events
- To inculcate an innovation mindset among the student community in emerging technologies
- To Incubate and nurture skills and capabilities of tractor design in young minds
- To provide a platform for Agricultural Students to demonstrate vehicle design expertise
- To help develop the next generation of entrepreneurs
- Registration Fee: Phase 1: Rs. 7,000 + 18% GST & Phase 2: Rs. 5,000 + 18% GST per team
- Teams can be formed maximum 25 Students + 2 Faculty Advisors + 1 farmer
- It is mandatory for participating students to become student members of SAEINDIA. It is encouraged to take up the membership under +1 scheme as membership status continues for one more year after the completion of graduation.
- Though not mandatory, Faculty are encouraged to become a Faculty Member of SAEINDIA and avail the benefits available for the faculty member of SAEINDIA.
- Visit: https://www.saeindia.org/become-a-member/ to sign up for membership.
- Prizes worth up to ₹ 5,00,000 to be won
Early Bird Offer:
- Avail 75% discount on your 1st and 2nd phase registrations if your team has 100% women students
- Avail 50% discount on your 1st and 2nd phase registrations if your team has 50% women students or if your team has a minimum of 10 women students
- 10% discount on registration complete by 29th July
- Avail 10% discount on your 2nd phase registration if a new team is registered under your referral
- Avail 100% discount on your 2nd phase registration if 10 new teams are registered under your referral
Venue for Phase 1: Virtual
Key Event Timeline
Marketing & Communication Committee
Event Management Committee
Industry & Academia interface committee
TIFAN2024 Phase 1: Update
Altair is awarding INR 10,000 per team actively registered at SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024, based on their participation in the ‘Altair Sponsorship for SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024 teams’. The winning amount will be awarded to the first 20 teams who successfully complete the steps below, and it will be available on first-come-first-serve basis.
Are you eligible to participate in the ‘Altair Sponsorship for SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024 teams’?
- Teams registered at SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024 who are already utilizing Altair products are eligible to apply for the Altair Sponsorship. Teams who have already applied for Altair products’ sponsorship are also eligible.
- Teams enrolled in the Altair Sponsorship must be actively participating in the SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024 competition. Teams that have registered but withdrawn from the event are not eligible.
- As part of the Altair Sponsorship, Altair will issue a commercial grade license to the team. Hence it is mandatory that the team must provide an official email ID issued by the institution to the student or faculty in charge (Gmail / Yahoo domain email IDs will not be entertained).
- Teams (i.e. at least one student member on a team) must participate in the Altair Global Student Contest [https://web.altair.com/global-student-contest-2023] (where participants can win upto USD 1050 every month!). Download the brochure here!
How can you apply towards the ‘Altair Sponsorship for SAEINDIA TIFAN 2024’?
In order to participate in the Altair Sponsorship, teams must download the following files, complete them and submit the completed files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the email subject line as “TIFAN2024 <Team ID> <Team Name> – Altair Sponsorship”.
- Terms & Consent Form
- Team Info
- Software License Agreement
- Request form for Academic Lab License
- Altair Student Contest
For any queries reach out to:
Vikram Bharadwaj - 8688175740 - email@example.com
Podugu Dharma Teja - 6281733981 - firstname.lastname@example.org
So what are you waiting for? Apply for the Altair Sponsorship today!
Contact for Sponsorship Opportunity
Mr. Vijay Antony Babu | +91 96001 52999 | email@example.com
Ms. Ayisha | +91 73977 60949 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Greetings from MathWorks!
MathWorks creators of MATLAB, Simulink and 100+ toolboxes are excited to be a partnering with SAE TIFAN 2024. Participating students can clearly see a connection between their academic interests and a career by using MATLAB and Simulink. We would like to inform you about the following fascinating possibilities that are accessible to SAE TIFAN students, to enable them to enjoy themselves while developing technical skills:
Here student team members get access to the below information
- Student Competitions – Complimentary License
- Once we receive the form information and confirm approval, it will take maximum 5 business days to process this request.
- Student Tutorials and Videos
- Competition Resources
If you have any questions, please contact “email@example.com”
The TIFAN organizing committee and SAEINDIA shall not be held responsible for non-fulfilment of their obligations due to the exigency of one or more of the force majeure events such as but not limited to the acts of God, war, flood, earthquake, strikes, lockouts, pandemics, epidemics, riots, civil commotion, scarcity, of water, electricity or such other basic facilities etc and shall inform the participating teams on the occurrence and cessation of the event within one week of such decision being made If the force majeure conditions continue beyond a reasonable period where running the event is not feasible either due to the force majeure conditions or any other reasons, the event may be cancelled for the year. (a) Earthquake, flood, inundation and landslide, storm, tempest, hurricane, cyclone, lightning, thunder, pandemics, epidemics or other extreme atmospheric disturbances or any other act of God (b) Strikes, labour disruptions or any other industrial disturbances not arising on account of the acts or omissions of the organisers, war, hostilities (whether declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemy, terrorism, rebellion, riots, weapon conflict or military actions, civil war, ionising radiation, contamination by radioactivity from nuclear fuel, any nuclear waste, radioactive toxic explosion, volcanic eruptions or other such occurrences beyond the control of the organisers (c) Acts of expropriation, compulsory acquisition or takeover by any government agency of the said venue where the event is to be held or any part thereof (d) Any prohibitory order of any Court.