Primary Functions & Proposed Initiatives
- Set strategic direction
- Provide overall leadership
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Bring right people together
- Guide the Initiatives
- Education: Student chapters /Speakers/Curriculum/Internship/Scholarships
- Knowhow : Professional Development/Conferences/Publications/Best practices/Infrastructure
- Standards : Awareness/Compliance/ Adaptation/ Globalize
- Policy : Awareness/Understanding/Influence
- Networking : Membership/Friendships/Mentoring/partnership
Terms of Reference
- To organize top-tech programs, tech-talk programs, conferences and expositions.
- To partner with leading auto companies to organize technology show case programs.
- To take AWIM to the next level.
- To continuously promote BAJA, SUPRA and other future events.
- To partner with other operating boards and organization to enhance the membership benefit package.
- To promote strong industry academia interaction by conducting specific programs like AUTO -EDU MEET to promote automotive engineering courses in India.
- To train academia faculty in the field of automotive engineering to enhance their knowledge skills and keep them abreast with latest technologies.
- To help SAE International in promoting SAE Standards in India
- To encourage various sections of SAEINDIA to plan their activities in line with the Automotive Board.
- To promote SAEINDIA membership.
- To take assistance from retired members and NRI's for organizing various events.
- To help in the preparation of Vision -2020 document for SAEINDIA.