International Lecture on Automotive Heat Transfer
SAEINDIA SAE International
Jointly present an International Lecture on AUTOMOTIVE HEAT TRANSFER
Dr. Raj Ranganathan
Senior Vice President (Technical), Showatech
Heat transfer affects the performance, emissions and durability of the engine as well as the design, packaging, material choice and fatigue life of vehicle components. This course covers the broad range of heat transfer considerations that arise during the design and development of the engine and the vehicle with a primary focus on computational models and experimental validation covering the flow of heat from its origin in the engine cylinders and its transfer via multiple paths through engine components. This Course will extensively cover heat transfer design considerations related to the following,
- Engine cooling and lubrication systems as well as bay-to-bay breathing.
- Exhaust system and after-treatment components.
- Tail pipe gas temperatures, as well as thermal interactions between the engine and its exhaust system with the components in the vehicle under-hood and under-body.
- Turbochargers passenger cabin HVAC system, including windshield de-icing Battery cooling.
- Heat exchangers and challenges associated with predicting thermal mechanical fatigue life of components.
- Have you registered ?? International Lecture On Automotive Heat Transfer on April, 2013 By Dr. Raj Ranganathan, Showatech, USA